- Dear White People. Important and refreshing.
- “The O’Reilly Factor” Gets Racist in Chinatown. #ThisIs2016.
- Sweetbitter by Stephanie Danler. To be 22 again. Starting fresh in NYC, Tess lands a serving job at a famous NYC restaurant, refines her palate, and falls in love. Danler precisely portrays that person—the broody and mysterious type who we all desired too deeply. The one who made us feel exhilarated for one moment and then empty the next. I loved the storytelling but wish the plot developed more before it ended.
- Meditation not Detention. A brilliant concept of allowing kids to release their inner turmoil instead of being punished for it.
- Jagwar Ma. Electronic pop-rock with an old-school vibe. The 60s have been revived with “Come Save Me.”