A bi-weekly series interviewing people and their drinking habits.
Archives for January 2017
- The Man in the High Castle. An intriguing look into an alternate universe, where the Allied powers are defeated during WWII.
- How to Bullet Journal. Giving this a go because I like writing things instead of typing them in my phone.
- The Solitude of Prime Numbers. Two loners who find each other. While it is such a heartbreaking story, the writing is so well done.
- I Used to be a Human Being. Are we all high on the blue light?
- Song of the week: Your Eyes by PYN.
A bi-weekly series of libations with Becca-approved design or flavor. Perhaps both.
Name:Oban Little Bay
From:The Oban Distillery in Scotland
Type: single malt scotch whiskey
Pair it with: unusually cold weather (sleet is in the forecast!)
Emphasis on: both!
I try to invest in quality pieces and not use my lifelong approach of “Ooooh on sale!” But every now and then (every week) bargains pull me in. The remaining responsible adult I have in me dies a little, as does my bank account. We all know this shizz adds up! But it’s a habit I won’t be quitting anytime soon, so here’s a look at this week’s retail delight.
I found this bourbon(!!) candle while Christmas shopping at Marshall’s. Since it was a steal at $2.99, I bought two. I love the octagon shape, the wooden lid, and of course the label with its vintage illustrations. It has a hint of cinnamon, giving my room a cozy, wintery feeling. I think there’s other liquor scents, too! I’ll be on the hunt for those.
Every year we do a late Christmas exchange among our group of friends. This year’s theme was Game of Thrones. I like the idea of having a late Christmas party—you extend the holidays a bit and all the decorations are deeply discounted.
And, happy 2017! Sad the holidays are over but excited to start a new set of resolutions I won’t reach.